- Thurlow, A. & Helms Mills, J (2013). Change, Talk and Sensemaking”, in Albert J Mills & Gabrielle Durepos (Eds). Case Study Methods in Business Research, Sage: London
- Forshaw, Carolyn and Amy Thurlow. (2007) Organizational Communication. Chapter 12 in Organizational Behaviour. A. Mills ed. Broadview Press. (role: final editing, completed specific sections within chapter, developed and acquired support materials, cases, etc.)
- Thurlow, Amy, Albert J. Mills, Jean Helms Mills. (2006) Feminist Qualitative Research and Workplace Diversity. Chapter 9 in The Handbook of Workplace Diversity. Alison M. Konrad, Pushkala Prasad, and Judith K. Pringle editors. Sage Publications.
- Thurlow, A. 2009. Critical Sensemaking. Encyclopedia of Case Study Research. Mills, Albert J., Wiebe, Elden, Durepos, Gabrielle, eds. SAGE publications
- Thurlow, A. & Yue, A.R. (2013). Out with the in crowd: Constructing the individual in a crowdsourcing environment. The Workplace Review (October).
- MacAuley, K; Yue, A; Thurlow, A. (2010). Ghosts in the Hallways: unseen actors and organizational change. Journal of Change Management. Vol. 10, No. 4, 337–348, December 2010 (role: data gathering, development of background material on the research site.)
- Helms Mills, J; Thurlow, A; Mills, A. (2010). Making Sense of Sense Making: The Critical Sensemaking Method. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management. Volume(2). 182-195.
- Fuller, D.; Rehberg Sedo, D; Thurlow, A. (2010). Discourses of power in One Book, One Community program committees: More than ‘just a little library program’ LOGOS-Forum of the World Book Community. Volume 20:1-4 (role: conducted discourse analysis, wrote discussion and conclusions).
- Thurlow, A. (2009) “I just say I’m in advertising”: a public relations identity crisis? The Canadian Journal of Communication. Vol. 34 (2009) 245-263.
- Thurlow, A. and Helms Mills, J. (2009) Change, Talk and Sensemaking. The Journal of Organizational Change Management. Volume 22 (5). 459-479.
Works in Progress
- Thurlow, A. & Yue, A.R. (2013 accepted and in copy edit). The History of PR in Canada (Book Chapter) in Carney, W. (ed) Fundamentals of Public Relations and Marketing Communications in Canada, Edmonton, AB: University of Alberta Press.